Introduction: Door Latch
My dad wanted me to install a locking latch on the newly built shed. I thought it would be really easy. It was, but I came up with a few tips and tricks that would make it even easier. Enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials/Tools
- Drill bit
- Driver (philips/flathead)
- Double Sided tape
- Locking latch
Step 2: Tape
Tape really makes this whole process much easier, especially double sided.
- Apply some double sided tape to the back of both sides of the latches
- Line up the latch so it is level
- Make sure the metal brackets don't cover the crack of the door
Step 3: Attach
- Open the latch
- Drill a pilot hole for one of the halves of the latches
- Secure it with a screw
- Do the same for the other half
- Now that each side is attached, but can pivot, align them
- Once they are fully aligned, drill the rest of the pilot holes
- Fill the holes with screws
Step 4: The End
I hope this made installing a latch at least a little bit easier. If you have any other hacks, share them in the comments.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017