Intro: Double Glue Joint
This technique was adopted directly from model rocketry construction. It is a way to make strong glued joints for various woodworking projects you may work on.
Step 1: Materials
- 2 pieces of wood (using wood shims here)
- Wood glue (or Elmer's would work)
- Spring clams or C-clams (Home Depot has them)
Step 2: First Layer of Glue
1. Put a layer of glue on each piece of wood.
2. Spread out evenly on each piece with your finger or brush.
3. Let it completely dry.
Step 3: Apply 3rd Layer
1. After the glue has completely dried, put a 3rd layer of glue on one of the dried layers.
Step 4: Clamp Pieces Together
1. Before the glue dries, clamp the pieces together
2. Wait until it dries before removing clamps.
3. Fill in spaces with additional glue.
Step 5: Schematic
Quick schematic of the double-glue joint.
It should hold together strongly.