Introduction: Double the Strength of Civilian Paracord (320 Lbs. Test)
Quick hack to double the strength of paracord. Paracord (civilian) usually tests at 160 lbs; this will double the strength to 320 lbs.
2. Duct tape
3. Heavy duty scissors
Step 1: Cut and Seal Ends of Paracord
1. Cut a piece of paracord to about 4 feet or 1.2 meters.
2. Knot both ends.
3. I used duct tape to further seal the ends, but this is optional.
Step 2: Braid the Paracord
1. Bend the paracord into 2 equal halves.
2. Starting from the bend in the paracord, start to braid it, wrapping one strand over and under the other.
3. Continue braiding through the whole length of the paracord.
Step 3: Knot the Ends
1. When finished braiding, knot the loose end so that it is tight.
2. Knot the looped end afterwards so that it is tight as well.
3. Pull on both end knots at the same time to tighten them
4. The paracord is now double-braided and is rated at 320 lbs. test.