Introduction: Dragon Eye
We will make a dragon's eye.
I have used as a base a printed eye can find here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1458545
But if you do not have printer eye base with plaster or clay, there are many materials you can use.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials You Can Use
- Eye 3d dragon printed
- Acrylic paint and some water
- Nail Polish with some glitter
- Curing resin with ultraviolet light (you can replace it: crystal resin)
- Wool yarn or felt
- UV lamp (or replace sunlight)
Step 2: Painting the Eye of Dragon
- Choose acrylic colors you like best for your eye dragon. I suggest that the pupil is of a dark color, then make a gradient to the color of your choice, and draw small lines.
- When the paint is dry you can paint with nail polish or something metallic glitter.
Step 3: Apply Resin
I used resin ultraviolet light, you can find it as nail polish UV. Apply some resin, then paste threads red felt. This will simulate small veins and give more realism.
You should apply resin several times in the area of the pupil of the eye, so it will take volume.
- For the resin will harden, place it under an ultraviolet light for 30 seconds. When it has enough volume, allow the resin to cure for 10 minutes under light. If you do not have ultraviolet light you can use the sunlight, but the curing time is greater.
Your eye dragon is finished!