Using Auto Desk Sketch Book pro version 5, I was able to create a simple eye ball flower monster. Using techniques that I have learned from my own experience and watching others, i will be teaching you my process of making the eyeball monster. things to have are either a tablet with auto desk on it or a drawing tablet for your Pc/mac.
Step 1: Planning.
That's right, ever drawing or piece of art starts with a blank where you plan out space and come up with an idea. For me i deiced i wanted an eye ball flower so using my
Step 2: The Shape
- First I drew the blob
- Then I made a duplicate layer
- Then I hide the original
Step 3: Shape to Line Work.
- use the erase tool
- slowly figure out where the edges are
- when finished make a duplicate and hid the original
Step 4: Inner Line Art
- Open new blank layer under line art
- pick light color
- use pencil tool to sketch out where lines go
Step 5: Adding the Details
- draw lines
- erase and perfect
Step 6: Coloring
- Create a new layer and place it under the line art under
- find base color
- color whole figure with base color
- erase the extra color
Step 7: Adding Shadows and Highlights
- Make a Duplicate layer of the green base
- select the airbrush tool with a dark hue of green then the base
- figure out the direction of your light source
- begin to add shadows
- then with a light hue of green add it to where the light should hit
- add shadows and light to the ridges on the wrinkles
- then softly and slowly blend the colors using the smear tool and airbrush tool going back and forth to get a good blend.
Step 8: The Eyeball
- Give the eye a base colors
- then make a duplicate of the base color and hid e the original
- Began to add colors and mix them with the smear tool
- create a new layer above the completed color eye layer and use a dry brush tool I used "bently's brush set" found here brushes
- then set the Brush layer to multiply
Step 9: The... Background .... Face Palm
im not really going to make a super awesome back ground so i just went crazy with red orange and yellow then smear.