This is how you create a self-drawing board, enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- 14 feet of 1/2 inch PVC pipe
- Ruler or Meterstick
- 10 x 10-inch wooden board
- 2 medium binder clips
- 4 huge binder clips (to change the size of the lengths)
- 2 X-shaped 1/2 inch PVC pipe
- 8 1/2 inch 90-degree elbow
- Sharpie or something to mark with
- 4 screw eyes
- 4 pieces of 42-inch string
- 3 T-shaped 1/2 inch PVC pipes
Step 2: Start Marking Your Cuts
With the 1/2 inch, PVC pipe make markings.
- 4 lengths each being 5 inches (13 cm) long (For attaching the hanging platform to the upright frame)
- 2 lengths each being 7 inches (18 cm) long (For the left and right top portions of the upright frame)
- 1 length being 4 inches (10 cm) long (For the center top portion of the upright frame)
- 4 lengths 5 inches (13 cm) long
- 2 lengths each 21 inches (53 cm) long (For the long sides of the base)
- 3 lengths each 18 inches (46 cm) long (2 for the legs of the upright frame & 1 for the swinging arm of the marker holder)
- 3 lengths each 2 inches (5 cm) long ( 2 for the handheld on the swinging arm of the penholder. One to insert in the penholder PVC T itself)
Step 3: Cut Outcomes
Use a PVC pipe cutter.
The cuts should look similar as posted
Step 4: How the Pipes Should Fit Together (frame)
how your cuts come out and should fit together.
Step 5: Elbows, X's, and T's
The elbows should be to connect the frame corners.
The T's should be connected to the bottom part of the frame.
The X's are used on the top part of the frame to connect the top frame and to have your string hanging from.
Step 6: Cutting Your Wooden Board
You have to cut a 10 x 10 wooden board. The measurements should look similar to as posted
Step 7: Add Screws Into the Wood
You need 4 screws to screw into your wood.
- First, you drills holes on the corners of the wood
- Next, you need put the string on top of the hole
- You then screw over the string to keep the string in place
Step 8: Finished With and Without Wooden Board
You're done! Test it out and see what you created!