Introduction: Dremel - All Purpose Penny Cutting Blade
This instructable shows the process of making your own all purpose cutting blade for a Dremel made from a penny.
The main purpose for this tool was to cut out the plastic in this 8000 Lumen LED flash light instructable that can be viewed HERE
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Metal Bandsaw or Hacksaw - to see my homemade table bandsaw instrucable click HERE
Drill press and bit
coin or round steel
Dremel cutting wheel bit
Step 2: Preparation for Drilling
- Grind or Sand he penny/coin flat
- Find the center using a jig
- Mark the center using a center punch
Step 3: Drilling and Designing
- Drill the hole in the center
- Draw a saw blade like pattern using your pencil
Step 4: Cutting and Shaping
- Cut the shape out using a metal Bandsaw, hacksaw or file.
Step 5: Video Results
Enjoy! Be Safe this is a very dangerous tool! use appropriate safety precautions
I made this tool to cut plastic when I was making an 8000 lumen LED light