I had left my old drum, but i dont wanted to dump it, there could be a way to give it a new use
Step 1: Dismantling the Drum
So i started to unscrew everything and dismantle the drum.
After that, i took the heat gun to remove the glued foil.
A lot of scrws but that step was pretty simple
Step 2: Cutting the Main Drum
I measured to cut the half of the drum
Step 3: Seat and Backrest
I took some spruce wood and cut it to fit as seat and backrest.
When it fitted, i screwed both parts on the drum and covered thescrewholes with woodpaste
Step 4: Armrests
I took a smaller drum and cut out the armrests. then i screwed the mounts again on the drum to see if it fits, now i can change the armrest to fit perfectly
Step 5: Foam for Seat and Backrest
I took again two pieces of spruce wood and cut out again the back rest and seatplate.
After that i glewed on some foam and cutted it until it fitted the size of the sprucewood.
I added some srews so i could fix it easily tothe main body
Step 6: Upholster
This step was my first time that i took faux leather for upholster
i cutted the leather and stretched and fixed it on the backside of the sprucewood with a stapler
Step 7: Coloring
while the glue was drying i painted the hole drum in limegreen an after the colour was dry i reinstalled everything
Step 8: Finish
i screwed the upholstered backrest, armrests and seat to the drum... et voila finish
An nice re-used and upcycled drum
First Prize in the
Before and After Contest 2017