Intro: Dual 55-inch Curved TV Setup for PC Monitor
Here is my dual 55-inch curved Samsung TV setup for my workstation. I will give the triple TV wall setup later on. Subscribe if you like it :)
Step 1: Buy the Parts Needed
Here I give the shopping list of the TVs, cables, and TV stands.
1. Samsung 55' Curved TV x 2
I choose the Samsung 55' Curved TVs because they are ON SALE. The physical refresh rate is 60Hz or above(120Hz on 8 series) and they are pretty good for a PC monitor according to the review on Rtings.com.
UN55MU6500 - Lower price, thick black plastic bezel. Actually looks bigger in size when not displaying.
UN55MU7500, UN55MU8500 - Higher price, thin aluminum bezel. Looks nice and beautiful, has the better concatenation of pictures due to the thinner edge.
2. Active DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter x 2
3. HDMI 2.0 Male to Male Cable (High Speed) x 2
4. M8 x 50mm 304 Machine Screw Bolt x 4 (If your TV is incompatible with the M8 x 30mm screw bolt for the wall mount because they are too short. Mostly happen on curved TVs.)
5. ABCCANOPY Rolling Trolley TV Cart Mount for Most 32-65 Inch LED LCD OLED Flat Screen, Plasma TVs TV & Monitors with Adjustable Shelf x 2
I choose this TV stand because of its reasonable price, height- adjustability, and robustness.
6. A desktop/laptop with Graphics Amplifier including a GPU better or equals to Nvidia GTX 1070 (1080 in my build, may upgrade when new GPU releases)
Step 2: Assemble the TV Stands According to the Instruction Book
Step 3: Load TV on the Stands, Wiring the Cables and Connectors to the GPU
The M8 30mm screw bolts provided in the TV stand kit is incompatible with Samsung Curved TVs. Therefore, we use M8 50mm screw bolts to make sure the mount can be fixed to the TV. The bolts are usually over the length we can use plastic cushions provided in the TV stand kit to make a perfect fit.
Wire the HDMI cable to the back of the TV and another end to the adapter, then connect the adapter to the DP port on your GPU.
Step 4: Setup Surround Configuration Via Nvidia Control Panel
1. Right-click on the desktop and choose Nvidia Control Panel.
2. Find the "Configure Surround, PhysX" tab.
3. Check the box before "Span displays with Surround".
4. Double check if the TVs are detected below and demonstrated with green boxes.
5. Click "Configure..." button under the checkbox.
6. In the opening window, adjust the order of two TVs by dragging the big green boxes with numbers on it according to the placement of TVs.
7. Set Topology to 1 x 2, Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
Step 5: Setup Proper Resolution for the Series Screen According to Your GPU
5120 x 1440 for GTX 1070 or 1080
8192 x 2160 for SLI, GTX 1080ti or above
Then click Apply.
Step 6: Setup Display Options
In the display options, adjust to a proper configuration. For me, I use the Alienware Laptop with Graphics Amplifier. So there is another display shown on the top which is the display on the laptop. I have to set in Multiple Displays for displaying on 2 only.
Now the setup is complete. Enjoy!