Easy to make tasty pinwheel scones with cheese, bacon and onion make a delicious snack or as a side dish with a bowl of hot soup as shown
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
1 batch scone dough - see Step #2https://www.instructables.com/id/EASY-TUNA-FRITTER...
- Use 1/2 quantity of the "MY BAKING MIX" recipe and add enough milk to form the dough.
- Be careful not to over mix.
1 cup grated tasty cheese
1 cup chopped shaved ham
3 diced Spring Onions or Scallions
1 tablespoon Poppy seeds for topping
Flavor Mix -
1 tablespoon brown sugar,
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard,
1 tablespoon Worcester sauce mixed together
a few grinds of fresh black pepper
Step 2: BRUSH ON FLAVOR MIX:
- On a lightly floured table, roll out scone dough into an oblong shape
- Brush on flavor mix right to the edges
Step 3: ADD LAYERS:
- Sprinkle scone dough with half the cheese then the ham and spring onions.
- Add remaining cheese as a final layer
- Make sure you cover to the edges leaving some space on the closing edge
- Dampen closing edge by brushing with a little milk
Step 4: ROLL UP & SLICE:
- Roll up the scone dough leaving the secured end under the roll
- Slice evenly to make the pinwheels
Step 5: POPPY SEED SPRINKLE:
- Place pinwheels facing up on a lined oven tray
- Mix a little milk with the remainder of the flavor mix and brush over the tops of the pinwheels
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds onto the tops
Step 6: BAKE & SERVE:
- Bake in a hot oven for 12 - 15 minutes until browned
- Serve hot as a snack or as a side dish with hot soup
These tasty pinwheel scones are also delicious cold as a picnic or lunch box treat
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2017