EEG-Electrode-Tidy-Towel

About: I like inventing things and solving problems. My available tools skills and materials frustrate me constantly. Writing instructables is a way for me, to stop ideas from turning in my head, to close the case ...

Intro: EEG-Electrode-Tidy-Towel

In University, I worked in an EEG lab. While there was extreamliy interesting work to do, there was also the issue, that the cables of the electrodes we used would tangle very badly, every time they where cleaned and put in a towel to dry. When preparing an experiment, we had to untangel the electrodes and find the right place on the cap, to put them. Once a participant waited for nearly ten minues, until I had untangled and placed the electrodes.

I thought there has to be a better way and after returnig to the problem time and time again, I think I have found it.

EEG-Electrode-Tidy-Towel is based on a simple cleaning towel that you can buy in the supermarked.

Step 1: Painting a Grit

A grit is painted on for better orientation. I used a big ruler and made the lines a bit more than one rouler breath apart from each other. Then I added a horizontal line in the middle between each two horizontal lines.

Step 2: Cutting

Cuts in the towel in regual intervall alow for each electrode to be put in it's own cut.

I made the cuts on the lines, cuting a line segment, not cutting the next line segment. In the next line, I cut the line segments, that where below line segments, that I had not cut.

Step 3: Numbering the Cuts to Find the Electrodes Faster

The cuts are numbert, so that you can easily find the right electrode for each place on the electrode cap.

Place each number abouth the respective cut, so that it is not covered by your hand, when inserting or retrieving the electrode.

Step 4: Usage

The Tidy-Towel is placed on the regular drying towel. Eache electrod is put through the cut coresponding to it's number. To do this press the elctrode on the Tidy-Towel next to the cut, and slide it in the so created opening.

Together the towels are losely wraped around the electrodes. I didn't have oportunity to test this with an actual electrode set, so proceede with caution and I would like to hear about your experiences with this. Thanks for reading Philipp

Share

    Recommendations

    • Optics Contest

      Optics Contest
    • Plastics Contest

      Plastics Contest
    • Audio Contest 2018

      Audio Contest 2018

    3 Discussions

    0
    None
    Graeme_P

    7 months ago

    This looks like a simple yet effective process quality improvement project - the best kind.

    1 reply
    0
    None
    PhilippW1Graeme_P

    Reply 7 months ago

    thanks, making things simple, while keeping them effective is something, that really fascinates me.

    0
    None
    tomatoskins

    7 months ago

    This is great! I love the detailed information. Thank you for taking the time to share this, I'm sure that this information will be helpful to many!