Intro: BACON WRAPS FOR EGGPLANTS (MY OWN RECIPE)
Hi dear visitors of my page and viewers of my YouTube Channel ! I've made today's Recipe about four years ago, when i decided to buy and cook some new dish with American type of smoked bacon! I have tried a couple of times bacon and egg breakfasts, also some bacon and cheese sandwiches prior to my experiment :) But the recipe that I came up with became favorite one on YouTube for lots of my subscribers as well as my friends and family members. So, hope that it will gain some popularity on Instructables as well!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
I have started with:
1. Two-Three (2-3) large eggplants (washed and cut into long and kind of rectangular-shaped strips). DO NOT peel the eggplants: leave the skin on!
2. Either Mozzarella or similar type of cheese 200-250 grams (I use string cheese: watch the video to learn more)
3. One pack of Smoked Bacon (I use Maple wood smoked premium Bacon strips)
4. Some Fresh Basil leaves, also some dried basil (for the tomato paste)
5. Some tomato paste (just plain smashed and cooked tomato paste with no other mixtures in it) or simple Ketchup
6. One tablespoonful of sesame seeds (I use non-toasted ones)
7. Salt and ground black pepper (not too much). Also some boiled and cooled down water (1 cup /200 milligrams)
8. Some Grape Seed Oil / Olive Oil
Later I've decided to improvise and have added:
9. About 200 grams of small white "champignon mushrooms" (cut into small pieces)
10. Two medium sized fresh green bell peppers with soft skin (they are called Bulgarian type)
Step 2: PREPARATION FOR THE OVEN
1. Before you add all the ingredients onto the Sheet Pan / Oven pan, you need to start placing some foil on the bottom of the Pan, so the veggies don't get burned.
2.Then start taking each eggplant slice and wrap it with a bacon strip.
3.After you are done with bacon and eggplants, start topping with cheese strings or shredded Mozzarella (watch the video, please)
4. You may add the tomato paste mixed with dried basil and water either before sprinkling the veggies with sesame seeds or after (depends if you want your sesame seeds toasted or no).
5. Then cut the fresh basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle all over the veggies and add the sesame seeds.
6. I also added some cut small champignon mushrooms and 2 green bell peppers cut into circles on top of the rest.
7. Now time to add some Olive oil or grapeseed oil and a little bit of cold water on top of everything and place the pan into the oven. Put the heat on "broil" and leave to cook for about 40-45 minutes (don't forget to periodically check, so you don't burn your bell peppers that are on top (You may also add some cut into circles red onion, but I've skipped)
Step 3: ARRANGING IN THE PLATE
After you take out the hot pan out of the oven, check with a fork to make sure that the eggplants are soft! If they are, then you are ready to serve the dish! Just make sure to use some SPATULA and a fork to place in a Serving dish, so you don't damage the delicate eggplant pieces, as they may get stuck either to each other or to the foil!
Step 4: WHAT TO SERVE THIS DISH WITH
You may serve this dish with either fresh herbs and some small red reddishes or if you like pickled veggies, the serve with pickles! If you like cooking and preserving at home, you may check out my previous recipe on "HOW TO PICKLE VEGGIES AT HOME" Instructable ! As the bacon is fatty, the pickle will help you with digestion:))
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE COOKING AND BACKING RECIPES, DIYs AND MUCH_MUCH MORE!!!
Here is the Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLM5aZ53GyeborSk...