I created earrings from clay and embellished
them with lace and colors.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- air-drying ceramic modelling clay, 15 grams (for both);
- two pieces of lace for embellishment;
- scissors and a cutting blade for the clay;
- paper for creating a small template, similar with the shape of lace;
- acrylic colors;
- liquid silicone for bonding.
Step 2: Forming the Earrings
- I formed each piece of clay according to the paper template;
- I used drops of water for repair some small cracks, due to the modeling operation;
- I slightly pressed the lace on each ear ring making an impress, for better bonding;
- on the top of the lace I made a small hole for the attachment;
- I let them dry for 24 hours on a napkin.
Step 3: Adorning the Earrings
- after 24 hours, I painted the surface of the clay with acrylic shiny copper;
- I put the lace on the impress, bonding it with liquid silicone;
- after drying ( ~1/2 half hour), I painted the small surfaces inside the lace
using different colors: red, blue, green, grey, orange.
Step 4: Ear Rings Attachements
- the final step is installing the accessories for the earrings:
rings trough holes, earring hooks and safety rubber stoppers.
And now my earrings from clay are ready!
Participated in the
Clay Contest 2016