If you have ever gone to a macaroon shop and seen rows of gorgeous macaroons, then looked at the price and walked away, attempted to make them and failed?
Well, this is a fool proof macaron recipe that will have everyone salivating!
To make this you need:
38g of egg whites.
40g of caster sugar.
40g of almond meal/flour.
40g icing/confectioners/powdered sugar.
1 Tbs Thickened cream.
75g dark chocolate.
And makes about 30 small macarons, yes 30!
Please vote me!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Shells.
The shell of a macaron must have a crisp and crunchy outside with a chewy centre.
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 150 degrees Celsius (300 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Measure out the almond meal and icing sugar into a large bowl and combine.
3. Measure caster sugar into a small bowl or glass.
4. Measure egg whites into a medium bowl.
1. Beat egg whites in bowl until bubbles appear (10 sec)
2. Add half of the caster sugar and beat.
3. When white, add remainder off caster sugar and beat till soft peaks form and becomes quite stiff.
4. Add egg mixture to almond meal and icing sugar and fold till well combined.
5. Add desired colouring (mint green is best).
6. Put pistachios in a food processor and blitz until in small pieces.
1. Find a template by typing "macaron template" into google, then print one.
2. Tear off a sheet of baking paper the size of you tray, spray with cooking spray and put your template under paper.
3. Pour batter into piping bag or zip-lock bag.
4. Pipe the batter to the size of your template.
5. Wet your finger and smooth surface.
6. Sprinkle some pistachio powder on top.
1. Turn temperature down to 130 degrees C or 280 degrees F.
2. Put trays into oven.
Depending on your oven, cooking time will vary. They are done when little "feet" can be seen underneath and the shells are hard on top.
Step 2: The Filling.
This is the easy part I promise!!!
1. Put your cream and chocolate in a bowl.
2. Heat on high for 1 minute.
3. Stir and add the pistachio powder and stir again.
4. Leave in fridge until thickened.
Step 3: Assembly.
Using a knife, put a small amount of the filling onto 1 shell then put a matching sized one on top.
Enjoy, dont eat too many or you will feel sick!!!
Participated in the