For the crumble topping:
• 200g plain flour
• 100g unsalted butter
• 4 tbsp Demerara sugar
For the Filling:
• 4 average size apples
• 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
• A glass oven proof dish
• A bowl
• A sharp knife
• A peeler
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparing the Filling
• Turn your oven to 180C / Gas 4
• First, you must select some apples that are not too hard and quite soft for your filling, because this will make them easier to peal.
• Now, you need to cut the ends off of your apple to make pealing a lot easier.
• After you have cut the ends you can peal the skin off of your apples.
Step 2: Cutting the Apples
• Once you have finished pealing your apples you can get ready to cut them up.
• In order for your filling to be soft and not too crunchy you must cut up the apple quite small.
• When you have finished cutting up your apple put all of it in the Glass dish evenly spread at the bottom, you can now sprinkle the 2 tbsp of sugar I've the top.
Step 3: Making the Topping
• It is now time to make the Crumble topping!
• Firstly, add the butter to the flour and use your hands to rub the flour and butter together until they resemble bread crumbs.
• Now add the sugar and just mix it in so it is evenly spread through the topping.
Step 4: Ready for the Oven
• Next spread the topping evenly across the top of the filling so none of the apple is sticking up.
• Now put the crumble into the oven for 20-30 minuets and regularly check. You will know when it is done because the topping will be a golden brown.
Step 5: Now You Can Enjoy!
Thank you reading the guide on how to make an easy apple crumble, please leave a comment for any questions you have.
Participated in the