These apple pie muffins are made with nine ingredients, plus a pecan crumble to take it up a notch.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Baking is on my priority list these last few weeks. For this recipe, I couldn’t decide if I wanted to go with peaches or apples. Apples won because hey it’s apple season. This recipe comes together in under an hour. That includes clean up! Unless of course, you’re someone who is easily distracted, it might take longer. I get that way sometimes. My favorite guy just told me how I can work in chaos and somehow it works.
- 1 ½ cups organic all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced apples
Ingredients for pecan crumble
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ground pecans
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl mix together the canola oil, honey, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the big bowl. Mix well.
- Add the diced apples and stir to combine. Spoon into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over each muffin cup. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.