A banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. The banana is itself is a very healthy fruit. By adding some Ice Cream onto it, let's make it a little bit more fun !
For all the Ice Cream Lovers out there, this is a treat for you. In this Instructable, I'll show you how to make a simple and quick Banana Split . So let's go BANANAS !!
Step 1: Ingredients
These are the simple ingredients required for making this quick dessert.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Butterscotch Ice Cream
- Any Topping of Your Choice
Step 2: Peel the Bananas
This is a very simple recipe. Even a kid can make it in about 5 minutes.
- The first step is to peel the bananas.
- Peel each banana carefully without breaking it .
Now place them aside and discard the skin.
Step 3: Grove on the Bananas
Now that you have the bananas neatly peeled, carefully cut groves right in the middle.
- Place the bananas on serving tray.
- Cut groves on the bananas they way you wish to decorate them.
- I have cut one banana like a boat and another I have split into two.
- I have also sliced a banana into small pieces horizontally to decorate in the end.
Step 4: Add the Ice Cream
The next step is the most exciting part. Adding the Ice Cream on the Bananas.
I have used a vanilla flavor and a butterscotch flavor for this . You can simply use any flavored Ice Cream you want. It's totally a matter of personal preference.
Carefully top the bananas with as much Ice Cream as you want.
Step 5: The Topping
For the Topping, it's all up to your imagination. You can keep it simple by just adding a cherry on top.
Hell , you can even enjoy it without any topping as well. Here I've just put a few drops of caramel syrup which I made in a previous Instructable. Just get creative and top it with nuts, m&m's or just anything you like. Serve it before the Ice Cream Melts and Enjoy !!