I always had a hard time getting kids nowadays to go get a shower or a bath and just recently all that changed when I found a way to make bath time a little more interesting, not only for kids but also for myself.
I discovered how to make bath bombs, which is actually easy to make, so I tried making them. This instructable will show you how I made my instructable based on some of the recipes that I found online. I based my ingredients selection on what was most available in my location although I was choosing among 3 recipes on how to make bath bombs. Like I alway say in my previous Instructables, it all depends on your preference and what is most available to you.
After all, I believe that Instructable exist to discover new ways on how to make things and make them better. :)
Step 1: What You Need:
There are a lot of ways for making a bath bomb and depends on your preference and in my case, what is available. So this is what you will be using:
Dry Ingredients: 5 minutes
1. 225g Baking Soda
2. 113g Epsom Salt
3. 113g Flour
4. 113g Citric Acid * (If you have this, you don't need the lemon)
Wet Ingredients: 5 minutes
1. 1 pc Lemon juice (from real lemons) because I wasn't able to find citric acid *
2. 1 tsp Water
3. 2 tsp Fragrance/Essential Oil
1. Measuring spoon/cup
3. 2 Spoons for mixing the wet and dry ingredients
Preparation: 10 Minutes
Freezing: 2 hours (Depending on you freezers temperature)
Storage: You can wrap it with paper, tissue, or plastic. I tried looking this up and there was a ton of variation in storing and packing bath bombs for gifts, personal use, and for decorations.
Step 2: Mix All the Dry Ingredients
In any project, preparation and proper planning is key but you also have to try to be accurate and precise with you measurements so that you can achieve consistency.
1. What I did was measure and prepare each of the ingredient using a measuring spoon and placed them in a container
2. Give the ingredient a good mix so that you can have proper distribution of each dry ingredient in the mix
2. Next thing I did was mix them all together and set them aside
Step 3: Mix All the Wet Ingredients
1. Prepare all the wet ingredients and place them in their appropriate containers
2. Mix all the wet ingredients together and give them a good mix
3. Then, Place them along side the dry mixture
Step 4: Mix the Wet and Dry Ingredients Together <3
What you need to do:
1. Prepare the mold
2. Hold the wet ingredient above the dry ingredient
3. Have someone help you with pouring the wet ingredient to the dry ingredient as this might cause a reaction between the baking soda and the lemon
4. While slowly pouring wet ingredient, make sure to rotate the container with the dry ingredient and continuously mix the dry ingredient and the wet ingredient so that it does not react
Step 5: Placing the Mixed Ingredients Onto the Mold
After you have mixed all of the ingredients, we are gonna place and press them into the mold. With this step, I also had someone help me so that I can finish it faster as placing and pressing the mixed ingredients onto the mold can be a bit time consuming but FUN! :)
After you have filled the mold. We will now put it in a dry place OR we can put in a FREEZER and save a lot of precious time! :)
Step 6: AND.... We're DONE!
Once the bath bombs are dry or frozen, you can now store it or wrap it your preferred material.
Making these bath bombs took a lot less time than writing and making this Instructable for you. This is my third Instructable that I made in the last couple of weeks and I really happy making them for the people who share the same passion or interests that I do. But I am also not sure if I am doing it right. So your comments will really help me to improve on how I make my next Instructables and what I will make in the future.
Again thank you for reading my Instructable for this DIY bath bombs. I hope you enjoyed them. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comment section below. I would appreciate it a lot. :)