Introduction: Easy Bread Recipe for Beginners.
In my home we usually make varieties of flat bread. Other than that we buy sweet bread from bakery. I saw some bread variety and I wanted to try bread. This is my first time working with yeast. So my first Hand knead easy bread recipe for beginners.
- Whole wheat / All purpose flour - 2 2/3 cups
- Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
- Warm Water - 1/3 cup
- Active dry yeast - 2 Packet (3.5 gms)
- Salt - 1/3 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Butter - 1/4 cup (Softened) + 1 tablespoon (melted)
- Raisins - 1/3 cup
- Sugar - 1 /4 cup
- Warm Milk - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tablespoon
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Mix the Ingredients
Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside until yeast is frothy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix in beaten egg, yeast, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter, raisins and salt. (If you like nuts you can add some)
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of cooled milk slowly so you don't cook the egg.
Step 2: Make a Stiff Dough
- Add the flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Start kneading the dough with hand.
- Knead until dough become smooth.
- This will take a few minutes, also a good workout for your wrist and hand.
After dough become smooth, grease the surface of dough with melted butter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or damp cloth and let it rise. Allow the dough to rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Since its summer, my dough doubled within 1 1/2 hours.
Step 3: Roll Up the Dough
- In a floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- It don't need to be a perfect rectangle.
- Moisten the surface of the rectangle dough with a tablespoon of milk and make sure to rub all over the dough.
- Mix together the ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle it evenly on top of the moistened dough.
- Roll up the dough long way.
- Bring both ends to center, tuck and pinch bottom together.
Step 4: Bake the Perfect Loaf of Bread
- In well greased 9*5 inch loaf pan place the loaf.
- Let it rise again in warm place for about an hour.
- Grease top of loaf with milk.
- Bake at 175 degree C (350 degree F ) for 45 minutes or until loaf is lightly browned or check with cooking thermometer - 210 degree F
- Remove from oven and let it cool on rack.
After cooled slice it and enjoy the raisin cinnamon hand knead bread.
Participated in the