Very healthy homemade Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry with Pesto is a delicious lunch or dinner idea, full of wonderful ingredients. What I love most about this recipe is that it is so easy to make, all you need is some cutting and chopping, a bit of frying, and your meal is served!
Beautiful texture, rich flavor, and colorful! You have to try it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- 60g rice
- 1 red onion
- 100g chicken breasts
- 25g bacon
- 150g agaricus mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 olives
- 50g pesto sauce
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
Step 2: RICE
1. Place the rice into the water and cook it on medium high heat until boiling. Lower the heat, and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Step 3: CUT
2. Cut into small pieces all the ingredients: chicken breast (skinless and boneless), red onion, bacon, agaricus mushrooms, red pepper and olives
Step 4: STIR FRY 1
3. Put a skillet on high heat, and when it is warm, add 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
4. Start with red onion, than add chicken meat – cook and stir it on medium high heat. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 5: STIR FRY 2
5. Add bacon and mushrooms, mix them together with red onion and chicken meat. Lower the heat and use cover for few minutes.
Step 6: STIR FRY 3
6. Remove the cover, add red pepper, olives and pesto. Stir it well and let it cook for few more minutes, so these ingredients are left half raw.
Step 7: SERVE
7. Serve it with rice. You can mix it together, or serve it separately. Have a nice meal!
NUTRITION FACTS (per 1 serving):
- Calories …………… 431 kcal
- Protein …………….. 25 g
- Total Carbs ………… 31 g
- Total Fat …………… 30 g
PREPARATION TIME: 45 min
***SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW ME*** :)))