If you don't have lot of time and craving a flavorful spicy curry then you need to try the easy sausage curry. It would be made with chicken or pork sausage. I eat chicken so wake with a spicy Italian or Jalapeño flavored one. But if you don't like spice u can make this with plain sausage and add no spice. The curry goes well with steamed rice, plain couscous, or boiled quinoa. The curry can be served with salad or eaten just like that as soup.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) 5 Chicken or pork sausage cut onto small pieces. You can use chorizo or spicy sausages.
2) One Large red Potato
3) Fresh or Frozen Pease - 1/4th cup
4)1 large onion chopped finely Onion
5) 5 sweet pepper cut into small pieces
6) 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaf
7) 2 medium sized fresh tomato- pureed
8) 2 table spoon Curry powder (optional)- you can get this in the Asian section of any big grocery store. I have always found then in whole food.
9) Salt to taste
10) One spoon Chilly flakes (optional)
11) 3 table spoon oil.
12) For the Gravy you can use a blender. I use magic bullet.
- 4 baby carrot
- 4/5 garlic
- half of medium onion pealed.
- Grind the mixture together in a blender with 1/4th cup of water till it is smooth in texture.
Step 2: Direction to Cook
1. Heat the 3 table spoon oil in a pan that las a lid.
2. Once the oil is heated add chopped onion and sweet pepper. sauté for 3 min on high heat.
3. Add the pureed onion mixture. fly this for 5 minutes constantly stirring it so that the mixture does not burn.
4. Add the Tomato Puree, chilly flakes and curry powder to the pan and keep stirring it for 5 mins or till the water evaporates .
5. Now add the peas, potatoes, and the sausage to the gravy. Stir them for another 5 minutes on high flame.
6. Now add One cup of water, cover the pan with the lid and let it simmer on medium heat till the potatoes get cooked. Occasionally still the mixture and make sure there is water. the the gravy looks too dry to you then add water. In case u added lot of water then remove the lid and cook in high flame.
7. Once the potatoes are cooked add chopped fresh coriander leafs.
Serve with hot rice or just eat it like that. I like to have this curry with red wine.