Introduction: Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
The Simplest, Easiest Chocolate Cake you'll ever make. A variation of the screwball cake or crazy cake, this was the first cake I ever learned how to make and I'm still amazed at how simple it is to make. All the ingredients are mixed in the baking pan. Wicked Simple.
If you want to decorate the cake a bit, you can dust it with powdered sugar, or better yet, cut out a cool stencil design, and use that to dust the chocolate cake with powdered sugar.
Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe - ©2014 GardenFork.TV
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons cocoa
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 cup veg oil
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat Oven to 350F
- 2. Put all the dry ingredients in an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
- 3. Mix together well, using a whisk or fork if you like
- 4. Make a well or hole in the middle of the dry ingredients
- 5. Add the wet ingredients in to the well.
- 6. Mix the wet into the dry until it looks like chocolate cake batter
- 7. Bake on the middle rack of the oven. Check at 25 minutes, you want it moist, not dry.
- 8. In our oven, this bakes in 30 minutes, a convection oven may be faster.