In this instructables i'd like to show you how to make easy, delicious, and donut. I also using my donut cutter that i printed a year ago. This is so far the best donut recipe that i got from trial and error and able to produce a bit smaller 12-15 donut because i printed the cutter smaller about 80% of actual size.
Actually i've already tested this recipe for a long time and the probability of fail is about 15%. The failure mostly made in yeast step because you got to treat and activate the yeast correctly. So i'll make some tip below. But, other step generally easy to do and pretty straight forward.
Step 1: 3D Donut Cutter Model
This donut cutter originated from thingiverse website: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:299923. I make this model 80% from original size because i use small frying pan. STL Model can also downloaded below
Step 2: What You Need
- 320g Flour
- 50g Sugar
- 7g or 2 and a quater teaspoon Instant Dry Yeast
- 38g Margarine
- 160mL Milk
- 1 Egg
- Digital Scale
- Donut cutter (3D printed)
- 3 Bowls
- 1 Big Bowl (for the dough)
- a few small bowls (for ingredient placement)
- a rolling pin
Step 3: Make the Dough
There are 2 seperated ingredient before mix it altogether:
- Butter and Egg: Heat the margarine until melted and mix it with a room temperature egg
- Yeast and Milk:
- in a bowl, mix 160ml milk and 50gr of sugar.
- Heat it in microwave 600W for about 45 seconds (Tip: the result need to be warm to touch, NOT hot, it'll kill the yeast.
- Add the yeast and wait it for 15 minutes to raise a bit
After the steps above finished, mix it altogether with 320g of flour using spoon first, then knead it well for about 5 minutes (Tip: Make sure your dough not too wet or dry. you can add flour or water to make it proper based the picture above)
Your dough ready for rising process:
- Move your dough so you can spread cooking oil in the bowl
- Place yor dough inside and also spread it with oil
- Cover your dough bowl with plastic wrap, make sure it airtight
- Wait for about 30 - 45 minutes
(Tip: make sure it airtight and place it in warm and dark places or simply cover it with napkin. The duration may vary because the environment since i live in asia, never leave the dough for too long)
Step 4: Cut the Dough
- Place the sticky dough on a table sprinkled with generous amount of flour
- Knead it first (approx 1 minute) then use the rolling pin
- Watch you dough thickness, better to keep it about 6mm to 10mm
- Cut your dough as much as possible
- The leftover may be kneaded for more donut (Tip: Knead it well or your donut will be flaky)
- Place your cut donut on trays spreaded with flour
- Wait for about 15-30 minutes (Tip: Again, it depends on your climate. the donut dough should be puffy)
Step 5: Fry It!
In this step, you need to set your stove low to med heat. You can use your leftover dough to test before your real donut
- Heat your frying pan
- Test it with leftover dough to avoid overcook
- Fry your donut (Tip: flip the donut, the below side should facing up before you fry it. idk it just makes the donut more round)
- Wait it until you see a slight brown below the donut, then flip it slowly
- Use the strainer and repeat the process
Step 6: Making the Chocolate Glaze
I made this glaze using chocolate sprinkle because it has larger contact surface so it's faster to melt (sorry i forgot to take a photo of this). I Actually using microwave to melt the chocolate with water (choco:water ratio= 3:2), but it turned out to be bad decision because i think the chocolate overheat/burnt. I suggest you use a double boiler technique for better result. Regardless technique you're using, i attached gif of the recommended consistency above. Then simply dip it, avoid too much glaze as it'll dripping.
Surprisingly, i'm able to make a lot of donut with this single dough= 20 donut!
Yay, you made it!
Let me know your opinion, thought, or 'you made it' in the comment section!
if you're interested in 3D Printing : https://www.endoxos.id/
This is an entry in the