The centrepiece is essential in all the homes. They look attractive and immediately grab the attention of the visitors. Moreover, these pieces are beautiful and enhance the show of your house. Different people have different taste and like to go with big centrepieces or small ones depending on the size of the furniture placed in the room.
Although, these days’ centrepieces are common and are easily available in the market, making one such piece of your own is always satisfying. Keeping this fact in mind, we are going to prepare an easy yet an attractive centrepiece which will look amazing on the centre table. So let’s begin with the same.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Styrofoam sheet
- Shilpkar clay
- Artificial Lotus
- Real leaves
- Cutter blade
- Color brushes
- Glue gun
Step 2: Let's Make Leaf Like Shape From Clay!
- Take few packets of Shilpkar clay. Cut and press them continuously to make it soft as shown. Now cut them into small pieces and press them properly to flatten them.
- Take a cutter blade and give the flattened clay the shape of a leaf.
- Cutter the outer portion and then form a leaf like shape at one end of the clay.
Step 3: Let's Give It a Leafy Pattern Using Real Leaves!
- Take a Styrofoam sheet and keep the clay leaf on it.
- Take the real leaves and keep it on the surface of the flattened clay.
- Now take an object and press these leaves on the clay so that the leafy pattern appears on the clay as shown.
- Allow the clay leaf to dry completely.
- After drying, you will notice that the clay will become hard and stick to the surface of the Styrofoam.
- Take a cutter and try to remove the Styrofoam sheet from the clay leaf.
Step 4: Let's Paint the Clay Leaf!
- It is now time to paint the clay leaf.
- Take yellow colour paint and paint the surface of the leaf completely with it.
- Now paint it with light and darker shades of green.
- Keep in mind to use the lighter shades on the inner surface of the leaf and the darker shades on the outer edges.
- Also, use dark green colour to paint the centre and the fine lines of the leaf to give it a more realistic appearance.
- Again, leave it to dry completely.
Step 5: Let's Give It a Final Touch!
- Take the lotus flower and place it on the leaf as shown.
Your beautiful centrepiece is now ready to use!!
Step 6: Conclusion
Wow!! Can you believe it? You would have seen such center pieces in the market too but did you ever think that you can make one such piece of your own? Well, now you know how to make it. This centerpiece is not only unique but also useful as well. You can also place small decorative objects on it of your choice to give it an even more better look.
We hope you have liked our simple yet unique craft. Please share your feedback and experiences with us in the comments section below.