Introduction: Easy DIY Photo Frame
A picture is the best way to relive a memory as it reminds us of everything that happened when it was taken. Putting that picture in a frame could be a wonderful gift. But making the frame yourself is even more special. So let's learn to make a simple yet so beautiful frame with some of the easily available things.
We'll make the frame such that the photograph can be changed very easily.
Step 1: Materials Required
- Plane glass (5'×7')
- Ribbons /Glitter Tapes
- Pastel sheets
- Glue gun
- Paper cutter
You can also use the cardboard boxes in which shoes are packed.
Instead of pastel sheet, you can use any other sheet.
Step 2: Making the Base.
- Take a rectangular cardboard sheet of dimensions 5'×7' (5 inches and 7 inches).
- Leaving the gap of one inch from boundary, make another smaller rectangle on cardboard sheet. This means that the dimensions of the inner rectangle are 4 inches and 6 inches.
Step 3: Cutting It Into Frame.
- Cut three sides of the inner rectangle leaving any one side uncut.
- After cutting, you will get something similar to a door which opens and closes easily.
Step 4: Sticking Glass to Your Base
Using glue gun, stick the plane glass of dimensions 5 inches and 7 inches (same as the dimensions of the cardboard) to to your cardboard frame.
While sticking glass to your frame, make sure you apply glue on the side opposite to the side from which the door of your frame opens.
Step 5: Decorating the Frame
- Take a rectangular pastel sheet (5.5 inch × 7.5 inch) and draw another rectangle in it of dimensions 4 inches ×6 inches (dimensions same as your inner cardboard rectangle).
- Cut the inner rectangle.
Step 6: Sticking Ribbons / Glitter Tapes
- Apply glue on the sheet and start sticking the stripes of ribbon.
You can also use glitter tapes instead of ribbon.
Use different colors to make it more attractive.
Step 7: Sticking Base With the Decorative Part
- Now that you have made the two parts of the frame, stick the decorative sheet on the cardboard - glass frame using glue gun such that the inner rectangle of both the frames overlap.
- Put the photograph into the frame.
- You can attach a hook on the back side to hang it.