Intro: Easy Dole Whip Recipe - Vegan Recipe
Dole whip is a pretty tasty and popular dessert from Disney World. Unfortunately, the only place you can get it is at Disney World. This has inspired many people to come up with their own recipes that they can make at home. After I tasted it myself, I knew I would have to learn how to make it too. Here are two ways to easily make Dole Whip at home.
I have two options because most people use frozen pineapple, but I didn't see any difference between using that or the frozen juice. So, I've included both options for you to choose from.
Step 1: Supplies
The recipe you end up using will probably depend on the blender you have. I noticed that my magic bullet didn't blend up the frozen pineapple as well as the Vitamix blender I used at the Instructables HQ. So, try out both recipes and see which you like best.
This makes one large serving, as show in the pictures.
Pineapple Juice Recipe:
- 4C Frozen Pineapple Juice Ice Cubes
- 1/2C Canned Coconut Milk* or any milk of choice - also, you can add more while blending if needed
- 3tsp Vanilla Extract
Frozen Pineapples Recipe:
- 4C Frozen Crushed Pineapple (you can use different pineapples, but crushed seems to blend better since it's already in small pieces) - The 20oz can you see in the picture makes about 3 cups worth of frozen pineapple, so you can just use that if you want, but otherwise, the measurements are pretty much the same as the previous recipe.
- 1/2C Canned Coconut Milk or any milk of choice - also, you can add more while blending if needed
- 3tsp Vanilla Extract
- Ice cube trays (I like the mini ice cube trays as the cubes blend up better) - also, the more flexible the tray the better as pineapple juice ice cubes really like to stick, when I used a stiff ice cube tray I had to pry out the cubes with a fork :P
- Cup, spoon, and straw for serving
*I have made this with coconut milk as it appears to be the preferred method since Dole Whip is vegan, but please feel free to use whatever milk you have on hand.
Step 2: Freeze Ingredients
Before you start, you will need to freeze some of your ingredients. Depending on the recipe you prefer, either freeze up your pineapple juice ice cubes or your pineapple.
Step 3: Blend
Blend it all together. You are going to need to stop the blender periodically and mix it up as it will be thick. You want it that way, but if it is bugging you, add in more coconut milk to make it smoother.
Once it is all blended, you can serve it up right away or freeze it for a bit. If you freeze it, I suggest putting it in a ziplock bag so you can mush it up and even cut a corner to serve it. You don't want to freeze it for very long (maybe a half hour at most) or it will get to hard, and you want this to be soft serve.
Step 4: Serving
You can just dish it up and serve it or you can put it in a glass with some pineapple juice and make a nice smoothie. I think it works out best if you kind of pipe the dole whip into the glass by snipping the corner of the ziplock bag, and then gently pour in the pineapple juice after. Then you should get this fun and swirly design.
Enjoy your creation!