I am going to a holiday party tonight so I made a jumbo Christmas Cookie! Super easy and yummy. I made the tree out of buttercream and the presents out of starbursts, pull n' peel Twizzlers, and dots.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: For the Cookie
Just follow Nestle Toll House's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
*You're going to need a pizza pan and parchment paper.
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
2. Take a piece of saran wrap and spread with flour, wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight
3. Preheat oven to 375° F
4. Take out dough and let it get to room temperature
5. Place parchment paper over the pizza pan enough to over it
6. Roll dough with a rolling pin to fit the mold of the pizza pan
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown
Step 2: For the Tree & Gifts
- Powdered Sugar
- Green Buttercream Icing
- Piping Bag
- Wilton's 1M tip
- Mini M&Ms
- 1 fondant star
- Sprinkle a circle of powdered sugar
- Pipe a tree using the 1M tip- start with a wide circle on the bottom and gradually get narrower until you reach the top
- Place M&M's on tree
- Place fondant star on top of tree
For the Gifts:
- Pull n' Peel Twizzlers
- Piping Bag filled with Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- Unwrap starbursts
- Wrap one piece of twizzler around the middle of a starburst. Wrap another piece so it forms a cross.
- Place a small drop of icing on the dot and place in the middle of the cross.
- On the bottom of the starbursts, place a small drop of icing and put on the cookie near the tree