This is a simple but delicious way to enjoy allergy free "monkey bread" or pull apart donuts. What's even better is it's already gluten free, Vegan and eggless! Free of the 8 common food allergies, no tree nuts or coconut, and dairy free.
No mixer is needed and it's supposed to look messy. It tastes better. (Not really, but at least its easier to prepare.) It's so easy and fun!. If you have kids, make it with them, they'll love the process. You'll spend quality time and you can start a yummy tradition.
Are you drooling yet? Alright, let's start already!
Like what you see? Please vote for this. :)
Look for more: http://petiteallergytreats.blogspot.com
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients preheat oven to 375 degrees approximate baking time 18-20mins
-2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (whole grain is best)
-3/4 cup warm milk of choice or water
-2 1/2 tsp instant yeast
-1/3 cup sugar
-2 T melted palm shortening
-4 oz apple sauce
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (not necessary if your mix already contains a gum)
-1 1/2 cup sugar
-2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-8 T melted palm shortening
1. Heat milk in microwave to 100 degrees. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Allow to sit for 5 mins.
2. Combine the GF flour, salt, and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce and 2 T melted shortening.
3. Pour yeast mixture in and mix by hand. The dough should be more like a thick batter consistency. You shouldn't be able to make a dense solid ball in your hand. It should and will be soft. If dropped, it should flatten. Add more milk if batter is too thick.
4. For the topping: In a separate bowl melt shortening.
5. For the topping: In another separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
6. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan with extra shortening. Lightly sprinkle pan with 1 T of cinnamon sugar mix for the topping.
Step 2: Assembly
7. Scoop a spoonful of dough into the melted shortening. Make sure to coat the entire ball.
8. Transfer dough from the shortening into the cinnamon sugar topping.
9. Once coated in sugar, place in the pan.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 until dough is gone. Try and make a single layer of dough balls or else it will affect your baking time.
Step 3: Cool, Flip and Enjoy!
11. Place on a lined cookie sheet and put in the oven for 18-20mins.
12. Allow to cool for 5 mins. Bread will be HOT, so be careful.
13. After 5 mins of cooling, flip onto a serving platter and enjoy!
14. It's best fresh but tasted great 2 days after I made it. Freeze any left overs for instant treat when you need it :)
Vote for this recipe if you liked it!
Grand Prize in the