Adorable, freaky, and quick to make.
- 12 inch long Pipe Cleaners
- 1.4 inch diameter Foam Balls
- Googly Eyes
- Box Cutter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Matte Black quick dry spray paint
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut the Foam Ball in Two
Use the line on the foam ball as a guide to split it into two identical halves.
Step 2: Paint
Paint the tops. No need to paint the bottoms. Spray as downward as possible (about 45 degrees) to minimize the foam pieces from getting blown away.
Step 3: Glue the Two Halves
- Slice a small flat surface on both half spheres.
- Hot glue the half spheres on that flat surface.
Step 4: Prepare for Glueing
- Cut a cardboard disc slightly smaller than the half sphere.
- Align one end of four pipe cleaners.
- Find the middle of the pipe cleaners (not critical, approximate is fine)
Step 5: Glue the Legs
- I used blue tape to show the middle, but you could just use your finger to mark where the middle is.
- Hot glue the legs onto the bottom of one of the half spheres.
- Use the cardboard disc to press hot glue and the legs together.
Step 6: Bend the Legs
- Hot glue the eyes to the same half where we glued the legs onto.
- Bend all the legs halfway (3 inches in).
- Bend up by the body.
- Spread out the legs also near the body.
Step 7: All Done!
And we're done!
Please post photo(s) of your spider by clicking "I made it" button below.
Thank you! Happy Halloween!
Participated in the
Halloween Contest 2018