Introduction: Easy Handrail With Steel Cable
In this project I will show you how I built a Handrail.
Step 1: Materials + Tools:
-Treated Lumbers (Treated for protection from termites and rot, it is ideal for a variety of applications including decks, docks, ramps and other outdoor projects where lumber is exposed to the elements.):
1x - 4 in. * 4 in. * 8 ft.
3x - 5/4 in. * 6 in. * 8 ft.
3x - 5/4 in. * 2 in. * 8 ft.
- 20 mts. Stainless Steel Cable coated With Nylon 7/32 in. (Outside diameter).
- 50x Zinc-Plated Lag Thread Screw Eye.
- 25x Zinc-Plated Turnbuckle Hook/Eye.
- 50x Zinc-Plated Clamp or Cable Ferrule in Aluminum.
- 32x Concrete Wedge Anchors.
- Wood screws #8 x 3 in., #8 x 2 in., #8 x 1 1/2 in.
- Driver/Impact Driver
- Hand Saw
- Tape measure, Quick Square, Driving kit.
Step 2: Follow the Standards
Make sure you follow the right standard of your country, state, etc.
Step 3: Newel Post:
Cut your lumber with the right hight (85 cm in my case). Attached to the floor with the Concrete Wedge Anchors.
Step 4: Give Support and Finish the Wood Frame
Repeat this until you finish the wood frame.
*For corners make sure you cut in 45º the 5/4 in. * 6 in. lumber.
*For the stairs cut the wood in the right angle.
Step 5: Install the Hardware:
I made this simple jig in order to get all the wires even distributed in all lumbers.
Step 6: Finish
Apply some protective oil for UV rays.
Participated in the
Woodworking Contest 2017