Introduction: Easy Origami Star
So here I am with another cool decorating Craft.
This simple five point origami star is very easy to make, it also looks the same on both sides, making it a great origami hanging decoration.
The star in the photo is made using thick gold paper, similar paper can be found on Amazon or in craft shops, however you can use any paper that you like!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
A thick sheet of any Craft paper is needed , let it be of any desired color.
A pair of scissors.
Step 2: Square Base
Start by taking a Square Sheet of paper. I suggest to have 15 X 15 centimeters.
- Fold the top point of your paper down to the bottom and crease.
- Fold the top left point over to the right and crease.
- Fold the top right point down to the bottom point.
- Make sure to fold both layers.
Step 3: Continuation
- Rotate the paper so that the top point is at very top, with the bottom let pointthe position of the star's bottom left point.
- Fold the two layers you folded down, up to the right, position them where the star's top right point will be.
- Crease well. Folding this differently will produce different results!
- Unfold the paper.
Note : Observe the images carefully
Step 4: Continuation
- Unfold the back as well
- Re-fold the diagonal crease so that it is a mountain fold.
- Now it's time to collapse the star. Push the left and right points in, whilst folding the top behind.
- You will end up with a cat!
Step 5: Continuation
- Crease this well, and make sure both sides are the same.
- Have a look underneath.
- The two flaps inside need to overlap.
- Turn the front flap into the bottom left of the star.
- Folding it over to the left and creasing well.
Step 6: Final Step
- Flip the star over to the other side, fold the bottom left point of the star in the same way.
- You can see there is a flap that looks out of place.
- Fold the two layers of that flap over and behind, hiding it and securing the star.
- Repeat that on the other side and your origami star is complete!
Now that you are done with making one star, repeat with other color papers and decorate your living room
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017