A fresh fruit hand pie with blueberries and peaches topped with a 3 ingredient orange glaze.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
This hand pie has eight ingredients and doesn’t take long to put together. It took under an hour from start to finish and that included cleanup. I love the convenience of store-bought pie crust because it makes for a quick whip up of this dessert.
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crusts in package)
- 1 cup blueberries (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup peaches cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar for sprinkling on top
Ingredients for orange glaze
- Juice from 2 oranges (yields about 4 ounces or ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place blueberries, peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into 4 pieces. Do the same with the second pie crust. Brush edges of pie crust with water.
- Place some blueberry /peach mixture in center of each. Fold dough over, and press edges to seal. Place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spray with canola oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut small slits in tops. Bake hand pies, rotating sheets halfway through, until pastry is golden brown, 35–40 minutes (juices will run onto parchment).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Directions for orange glaze
- Squeeze juice out of two oranges by placing strainer over the bowl and pour the juice through a strainer to remove any chunks.
- Remove strainer, pour in cornstarch and mix thoroughly. Place mixture in saucepan, add agave nectar and heat a minute or two until mixture thickens to a glaze.