Intro: Easy Peasy Magic Crust Quiche
Having friends drop by for breakfast, lunch or diner is always a treat - as long as I'm not stressing out about getting a meal ready.
Easy Peasy Magic Crust Quiche is a meal that can be prepared in minutes with ingredients that are on hand. While it is baking in the oven, I can sit with friends and family and enjoy - knowing the meal will be wonderful. This quiche recipe even makes it own crust - please read on if you are wondering how.
Ingredients Needed - eggs, flour, milk, butter or margarine plus whatever goodie extras you want to add.
Tools Needed - a blender, food processor or mixer and an oven.
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Grease Pie Plate
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
Grease your pie plate, put a little bit of flour on it and then working over your sink, turn the pie pan over so excess flour drops off. After making this quiche a few times, you make want to adjust your pie plate preparation, if you have a non-stick pie pan etc.
I use a deep dish 9 inch pie pan.
Step 2: Add the Basic Ingredients and Blend
Put the following basic ingredients in your blender.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
Blend until all the ingredients are well mixed and the mixture is smooth.
Pour the mixture into your pie pan. Don't worry that there is no crust in the pie pan. The quiche will make its own as it bakes - magic.
- Remember to put the top of your blender ( a lesson messily learned )
- Break each egg one at a time in a bowl and then add the egg to the blender. It easier to remove any egg shell bits this way.
- Put the eggs in first. The flour won't get stuck on the bottom of the blender.
Step 3: Add Your Goodie Extras
While the basic ingredients settle for five minutes in the pie pan, prepare your goodie extras.
- 1/2 cup of onion
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup chicken sausage
Adjust the extra goodies to what you and your family/guests like:
- feta cheese
- pork breakfast sausage
After the 5 minute wait, place your goodie extras on top of the basic mixture in your pie pan.
- Although you can cut everything up in a few minutes, ask your friends if they want to help. They will rave about how they helped make this fantastic meal in just a few minutes.
Step 4: Put the Quiche in the Oven and Bake
When your oven is preheated, put your quiche in the oven and bake it until a knife comes out clean. Test the part that seems to cook the slowest - usually the center. This usually takes between 40 minutes and an hour and a quarter depending on your oven, the altitude you live at etc.
- Learn the approximate baking time by testing this recipe a few times before you make it for unexpected guests. This will let you know if you have time for a quick walk, coffee etc. Easy stress reduction.
Step 5: Eat and Enjoy
When the baking is done, remove the quiche from the oven. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then cut it and be amazed by the magically made crust.
Your friends and family will be WOWed that you made this wonderfully tasting, great looking quiche in just a few minutes.