Introduction: Easy Pendant Lamp
Make a pendant lamp from two matching lampshades! Easier than you think AND you can make one to match any decor. Fabric choice is up to you!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
E-6000 Glue & Spray Adhesive
2 Matching lampshades
Fabric of choice
1/2" wide bias tape
Butcher paper, ruler and scissors
Step 3: Here's How
1. & 2. Carefully roll the lampshade on the butcher paper (while tracing the edges with a pencil) to create the pattern and cut out
3. Pin and cut on folded fabric
4. & 5. Spray the lampshade with E-6000 Spray Adhesive and press the fabric to the shade
6. Hot glue the edge of the fabric down *use very little hot glue for this
7. Match the fabric seams and glue the shades together with E-6000 Glue
*don't use hot glue because the heat of the bulbs may cause your glue to melt
8. . Hot glue the 1/2" bias trim around the side to cover the seams, center and edges of the pendant
9. Fold the end of the bias over 1/4" to give a clean finish