Intro: From Shirt to Skirt
Your skills + my skills= Super crafty things!
Here's a sequel to a previous Instructable on how to make "Leggings outta sleeves". Check it out for more re-purposeful ideas:
Learn how to make a skirt out of a turtle neck for the special baby girl in your life.
You will need:
1. Turtle neck jersey knit shirt
2. Fabric shears or scissors, pins, needle and thread
3. Sewing machine
Step 1: Cut Fabric
With shirt laying on flat surface:
1. Remove turtle neck leaving a 1/4 inch allowance.
2. Cut lower 6-8 inches of shirt from side to side. *
*Bonus: using the lower half of the shirt will serve as the hem of the skirt.
Step 2: Sew Part I
1. Using your needle and thread, sew a running stitch* along the cut edge of the shirt fabric a.k.a. the skirt.
2. Pull the thread gently to pucker the fabric until the perimeter is the same as the bottom of the turtle neck a.k.a the waistband.
* Note: a running stitch is also known as a basting stitch.
Step 3: Sew Part II
1. Pin the basted edge to the 1/4 inch allowance left on the waistband, right sides facing each other.
2. Sew with machine.
Voila! You have now crafted yet another easy re-purposed creation!