I always loved the bouquets. In my childhood i used to make small flower bouquets from our garden and gave it to my parents, siblings, relatives and my friends on their birthdays & anniversary. I wanted to try the bouquet with recycled paper which have long life and with memories forever. Hereafter we don't need to worry about what to give special gifts for any functions and parties for our loved ones, within one day we can done this bouquet and give as our love.Cooking is my comfort zone and this is my first craft project. Hope you like it.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Old books paper
- Quilling paper
- Acrylic paint
- Bouquet wraper
- Some leaves of Spruce (christmas tree leaf )
- Artificial leaves
With the Paper Flowers which i done already for another Project.
Step 2: Cutting & Rolling the Paper
- Cut the newspaper horizontally into strips.
- Start rolling the paper strips from the end.
- The paper is rolled by hand and pressed flat.
- Secure the end with glue.
- Paper roll is loosely rolled since it is easy to press flat.
- Make about 70 strips of paper rolls.
Step 3: The Base
- Start rolling the paper roll into a circle.
- Add the rolls to the end of one another while rolling.
- Based on the size of the basket you need roll the circle.
- Coat the circle base with glue and let it dry.
Step 4: Basket
- Now add the paper roll to the base and start rolling slightly upwards.
- And it will increase the diameter as well as the height of the basket.
- Apply glue to the rolls while making the basket.
Apply paint of desired colour to the basket and let it dry.
Step 5: Quilled Flowers
- With the quilling paper i made some tight coil, loose coil, marquise and teardrop. Paste them together into small flowers
- Paste the small flowers around the sides of the basket.
For the roses i followed the below link and attached some stems to the flowers.
- I also made a heart shaped card and pasted some tight coil quilling around the edges.
- In center of Heart shaped card you can write the wishes to whom you give the bouquet
Step 6: Flower Bouquet
- Arrange the flowers and leaves on the basket by attaching with the help of glue and sticks.
- Attach the card at the center.
- Use the plastic bouquet wrapper to cover the flower.
- You can also place some scented sticks inside the bouquet.
- Can also use foam to stick the flowers.
The recycled flower bouquet is ready.
I gave this bouquet to my Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary and they all loved the bouquet. Everyone started asking to do like this bouquet for them also.