Introduction: Easy Solar Oven
Today, you are going to learn how to make a solar oven that can cook food and reach 200 degrees.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Enough wood to be able to make the solar oven how big you shall want it.
- Reflective material (Mirror or Reflective Paper such as tinfoil (Optional but recommended) A way to pivot the base from the cooker in able to get the sunlight it can. We used nuts, bolts, and washers.
- Table or hand saw
- Nail gun
Step 2: Creating the Cooker Top
- First, we took our plywood and drew a trapezoid that bottom has a dimension of 7'' and the widest top that has a dimension of 14''
- Next, we placed the 4 pieces of plywood upon each other and clamped it down so it could stay together while we were cutting with our hand saw.
- We cut out the trapezoids and cut the reflective paper so it could stick nicely to the wooden trapezoid.
- Then we stuck the paper onto the wooden trapezoid.
Step 3: Attaching the Pieces Together
- We took each of the trapezoids and attached them together making a trapezoidal prism by using the nail gun and attaching them so the nails didn't go in diagonal.
- We fixed reflective paper so the entire inside was covered with it.
- Next, we spay painted the outside of the box in a silver to make it look nicer.
Step 4: Bottom of the Cooker
- Next, we made the bottom of the cooker frame 7.5'' x 7.5'' in a thicker wood than the plywood.
- Then, we covered the bottom in the plywood and painted the entire inside black so it absorbs all the light
- Finally, we made two identical triangles with a base of 12'' and a height of 7'' ,and connected the box and then used nuts and bolts to connect them together, then put a washer in between the box and the stand.
Step 5: Cooking
- First you take the trapezoidal and place it upon the base so you can start cooking.
- Then you move the base according to where the sun is to get full heat.
- you can make a mini hole like we did in able to tell the temperature without getting in the way of the sun.