So this is a very easy but delicius taco casserole, the best thing is, you can alter it in a million ways and totally make it your own! For example, why not put some corn in there? Or make it into a pie?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients Time!
Here's what you'll need:
(I'm don't put any specific quantity in but go by feeling, what is shown in the picture was enough for five dinners for me)
-Ground meat (i used beef, I recomend beef altough I guess other ground meats could also work)
-Diced tomatoes with chilli (for some extra sting, not nessecary)
-Tricolore blend of beans
-Taco chips (I used some with cheese flavour cause I like them. Think more Doritos and less Mexican restaurant kind)
-Butter (or oil for frying)
In terms of utensils you'll need:
-Some kind of bigger pan (depending on how much meat you have)
As I said, these are the basics, put this dish can be altered in a million ways! It is also very good as a pie, just exclude the chips and add a crust!
Step 2: Cooking Up That Meat
1. Heat up a pan
2. Cook the meat until no longer pink, stir the entire time
3. Put in spices
4. Pour in some water
5.Put in as much of the diced tomatoes as you want
6. Let it boil so it want be to watery
Step 3: Assembly Time!
7. Butter up your pie dish
8. Layer the bottom with chips and cheese, take more than I did!
9. Right before putting the meat in the form stir in the beans. Then place in the dish.
10. Cover with sourcream and lots of cheese!
11. Bake in the oven at a medium temperature until the cheese has melted and gotten some colour.
Step 4: Enjoy!
There! You got your very own super yummy taco casserole.
Enjoy this dish with some sour cream and taco chi