Quick and easy chicken tacos flavored with cumin, lime, and garlic – perfect for those busy weeknights!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 large chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp - ¼ cup hot sauce
1 lime (juice & zest)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
soft corn tortillas
1 bunch cilantro
1 small white onion, diced
1 small jalapeno, finely diced
radishes, thinly sliced
Step 2: Chicken
- In a resealable bag, combine garlic, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, lime zest, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken and let marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F.
- Let chicken rest for 10 min and then use a fork to shred.
Step 3: Assemble Tacos
- Warm up the tortillas and prepare all of the toppings.
- To assemble the tacos, place shredded chicken in a tortilla and top with cilantro, onion, avocado, jalapeno, and hot sauce (or whatever toppings your prefer). Serve with sliced radishes and lime wedges on the side.