This instructable is totally free.
With the Microsoft Zune you can beam songs to other Zune's, but they are deleted after three plays. This is an easy way to keep those songs.
NOTE: I am NOT LIABLE if you violate copyright laws when sharing songs.
If you like my instructable, please rate it!
Step 1: Set the Zune Up for Storage.
Like most players, the Zune cannot be used as a USB drive right out of the box...
To set it up for storage:
1. Install .NET Framework 2.0 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx
2. Download the ZuneHDPatch from here: http://cppworld.com/Zune/ZuneHDPatch.exe, and run it on your PC with your Zune unplugged and the Zune software closed.
3. Plug your Zune into your PC, and it should appear as an external HDD.
4. To copy files, make sure the Zune software is running and set to "syncing."
This is a great way to use the Zune as a portable HDD. If you would like to keep shared songs, go on to step 2.
Step 2: Keep Shared Songs.
1. To avoid from shared songs being deleted after 3 plays, change the song files' extension to .jpg. Place the files, along with a real image file, into a new folder in your Zune's "received pictures" folder '(NOTE: I, jamnoopers, am not liable for your actions if you violate copyright laws.).
2. Send the "pictures" folder to a friend's Zune.
3. Now on your friends Zune, sync the folder with a PC, change the extensions back, and move the songs into his/her Zune.
4. Have fun sharing songs.
Thanks for reading,