Introduction: Easy to Make Wooden Table
Materials required:- Plywood, teak wood
Tools required:- Wood cutting machine, wooden lathe, sander, router, drill machine, jigsaw machine
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Table Top
1.Draw the table top dimensions (42 inches x 26 inches) on the plywood board.
2.Cut it out using a wood cutting machine or saw.
3.This would become the table top.
Step 2: Adapter Access Lid
- Cut out a filleted rectangle (10 inches x 3 inches) from the plywood board using a hand jigsaw or the jigsaw machine.
- Cut out another filleted rectangle of the same dimensions from a teak wood plank with thickness same as the plywood board.
- Ensure that the teak wood rectangle block fits easily inside the cutout space created on the plywood board.
- Make a small ergonomic groove on one of the longer sides of the teak wood plank as shown in the picture.
Step 3: 4 Holes on the Table Top
- Drill 4 holes halfway through the plywood thickness of radius 15mm each using a drill machine at 4 different places as shown in the picture.
- Again drill 4 holes completely through the plywood plank of radius 8mm over the same 4 places as shown in the picture.
Step 4: Legs of the Table
- Print out the actual size (1:1 size) CAD drawing (side view) of the legs of the table.
- Cut out 4 teak wood planks of dimensions as shown in the pictures.
- Paste the 4 printed out CAD drawings of the legs each on one teak wood plank.
- Cut out the 4 table legs according to the CAD drawings.
Step 5: Support Between the Table Top and the Legs
- Take 2 teak wood pieces of dimensions as shown in the pictures (or cut them out)
- Make joinery cut outs on 3 surfaces of the wood piece with dimensions as shown in the picture.
- Make such joinery cut outs at two places on each wooden piece at distance of 2 inches from the two ends as shown in the picture.
- Do the same with the 2nd wooden piece.
- Drill holes of diameter 15mm at two places on each one of the wooden blocks in a way that the holes align with the earlier made 15mm holes on the table top plywood plank (see picture).
Step 6: Adapter Placing Rack
- Cut out the adapter rack from a plywood plank (thickness 15mm) of dimensions as shown in the picture.
Step 7: Round Plugs
- Make 4 cylindrical plugs out of teak wood with dimensions as shown in the pictures.
Step 8: Lid Resting Support
- Take a 5mm plywood board and cut out a ‘U’ shaped form with dimensions as shown in the picture.
Step 9: Finishes
- Give fillet of radius 5mm to the table top edges using a router.
- Give fillet of radius 5mm to the four long edges of the legs using router.
- Give fillet of radius 5mm to the four long edges of the leg supporting cuboidal blocks.
- Mildly sand the table top plywood surface using sand paper and hand sanding machine.
- Sand the table components using sand paper to give that proper finish.
- Apply two coats of walnut dye on the table top plywood surface.
- Apply 2 coats of linseed oil to all other teak wood components of the table. Once dry, wipe them smooth using a clean, dry cloth.
Step 10: Assembling the Table
Step 11: Assembly (Part 1)
- Join the legs to the cuboidal support blocks using the joinery made on them earlier.
Step 12: Assembly (Part 2)
- Drill through the joinery carefully in order to fix threaded screws (as shown in the picture) so that the structure becomes more stable.
Step 13: Assembly (Part 3)
- Turn the table top plywood plank upside down and fix the adapter keeping rack around the cut out fillet rectangular space as shown in the picture using threaded screws.
Step 14: Assembly (Part 4)
- Keeping the table top in the upside down position, insert the cylindrical plugs into the plank from below.
Step 15: Assembly (Part 5)
- Align the leg apparatus with the plugs and join them as shown in the picture.
Step 16: Assembly (Part 6)
- Use screws to fix the leg apparatus to the table top plank.
Step 17: Assembly (part 7)
- Attach the adapter holding rack to the groove made on two of the adjacent legs.