I made an easy to make dessert, the finished picture is attempt #2, and I kinda forgot skipped a step, but it will come out looking something like this. Ok, so here is what you will need:
1 cup Krusteaz buttermilk Pancake mix
2/3 cup Milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 cans of apple pie mix
1 Pie pan or 8x8 cooking pan
way to open can of apples
microwave safe bowl
**To do the modified version, I took 3X 2/3 cups of pancake mix and started with 1 cup milk and added until it was easy to pour**
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1
Ok, this is the easy step,
* spray the heck out of the pan using cooking spray
* next open the can of apples with can opening tool, personally I used a nice side cutting can opener, though, in the past, I have used a key to open juice.
* Now, spread the apples as evenly as you can across the bottom of the pan
* Set aside
Step 2: Mixing Time
Now, this is the more complex part of making the apple thing.
in one bowl mix 2/3 cup of milk with 1 cup krusteaz pancake mix, and set to the side
in a microwave safe bowl, add about 1/2 cup butter and nuke it in 30 second intervals until it is melted, then add about 1 to 1.5 cups brown sugar, and mix well and set to the side.
in 3rd bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
yes, my brown sugar is kept in an old pickle jar... and apparently I did not wash it out well enough cause now my brown sugar smells like pickles, tastes fine but still lol.
Step 3: Now Adding the Stuff in Order.
sorry about the lack of pictures here, but it is easy to follow.
1. spread the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over the apples, using a spoon, or your hand to do so.
2. now, pour the pancake batter over your cinnamon and sugar covered apples, using the rubber spatula or a spoon to smooth it over
(cover said item in cooking spray and less stuff will stick to it)
3. carefully pour and spread the brown sugar and butter mixture over the top of the pancake batter.
4. Place in oven at 350o F (176.6670C <- if it's not converted right blame google lol) for 30 minutes, let cool for about 5-10.
5. Use a big spoon to scoop this out into a bowl, serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy
Step 4: Little Experimenting
This particular apple dessert pictured is actually #2 that I have made, I got to thinking that it would be better if I enclosed it more, so I milked down the pancake mix to make it easier to pour into my pan, and meant to follow the steps from there, but, in my rush, I forgot to add the cinnamon and sugar to my apples, before I poured the remainder of my pancake mix on top of them, so not wanting it to go to waste, I threw it on to and cut out the brown sugar haven't cut into it yet, but it smells great, and looks pretty good too :D
Sorry about some of the pictures being sideways, not sure why they are like that, but eh, they work, also, I can never have a clean kitchen with a soon to be 2 year old boy, and me always baking/cooking/tinkering... Hope this comes out great for you, and give me any feed back you might have