I wanted to build a simple circuit, no IC's no MCU's. So here what I have got.
What do I need
- Magnetic float switch.
- 12v Relay to handle 220v 30A.
- Buzzer 1.2-12V
- IN4001 or IN4007 Diode.
- 9V Battery
How do I make it
WARNING: This circuit involves 220V AC. Please use at your own risk.
- Install the float switch in water tank
- Connect the components as shown in circuit diagram
- Connect the Water pump motor to the relay.
- If required you can add a switch in case you need to power it Off/On
How it works
- The circuit is power using 9V Battery.
- A diode is used as a flyback to relay.
- When the water level is low the float switch is in off state and this the relay, buzzer is off and thus the motor is off.
- When water level reaches to full, the switch is on, this turns on the relay and buzzer. this turns off the motor.
Working design, i excluded the the relay, it only indicates when the tank is full.
Link of demo video:
Any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading.