Intro: Easy Way to Drink More Water Every Day.
Easy way to drink more water every day.
How much water do you drink a day
You will be aware of the importance of The habit of drinking water without mentioning.
We need to drink more water. So, I wanted to know how much drinking water.
When I drink water, a Client send amount of water to Host.The host can store the amount of water and Real time (using NTP) to SD card.
WIZwiki W7500(Wiznet) ———— 2
Xbee(Digi) —————————— 2
SD card ———————————1
OLED Display(SeeedStudio) —— 1
Load Cell + HX711 —————— 1
LED ————————————— 2
Tact Switch ————————— 2
Step 1: How to Check the Amount of Water You Drink.
How to check the amount of water you drink.
- Make a chart and tick it off each time you drink a glass.
- Automatic sensing
- Ultrasonic sensor to check the amount of water
- Measure weight of the water.
Weight of water?
Pure water has its highest density of 1000 kg/m3 at temperature 4C(39.2F)
- 1g = 1ml
Step 2: Weight Sensor (Load Cell + HX711)
Step 3: Make Cup Holder(3D Modeling)
Used 123D Design tool
Step 4: Calibration & Measurement
This 9V battery is 44g and I made sure that the measurements.
(W:43g -> Current weight, B:43g -> Temporary value for comparison)
For Calibration, You have to change the value of scale in source code.
Step 5: Hardware
Host, Client, real parts.
Step 6: Operation Method - Test Data
- The client sends the data to Host.
- End 134: data type(Store at SD card: 1) + amount of water(34ml)
- Access and request to NTP server for realtime.
- Save realtime and a amount of water in SD card.
Step 7: Operation Method - Actual Data
- Put up a cup of water on top of the Load cell weight sensor
- Client sensed 264ml of water.
- When I was drinking water, W:0(Current weight:0, because of holding the hand), B:264(saved weight:264)
- Sensed 180ml
- Put up a cup of water again. send data type(1) + 84ml of water.
Step 8: Logged Data on SD Card
Step 9: Visualization
But, you don’t have to think about is do a few liters of water a day
You just have to set the target amount of water. Then you can see the percentage of data like below.