Intro: Ebikers Group Travel Rules / Guidelines
EBIKERS GROUP TRAVEL RULES / GUIDELINES
NO HELMET Safety Gears, NO RIDE..
1. A meeting should be set prior to the ride
a. Confirmation of Routes and Stop overs should be set. Stop Overs may include Predetermined Charging Stations and or Ideal resting place that is safe for all participants.
b. Maps should be distributed among participants.
c. Riders role should be assigned during the meeting There should be Lead and tail riders that are both experienced riders responsible in facilitating group procedures during ride. They must be the most aware of all group members riding capabilities.
d. Classification of riders must also be made.
CLASS A. HIGH END Ebike Riders includes 60V 20AH 1000W and above Note: that Lead and Tail should belong to this group This Group is Considered the Frontliner and Traffic Coordinator of the whole group
CLASS B. MIDDLE TYPE Ebike Riders includes 48V 20AH 600-800W This Group is Considered The Technical Group that is assigned for Tools and Spares
CLASS C. LOW END Ebike Riders includes 48V 12AH 350-450W This Group Is Considered as The Medical Group.
Each class must assign their own leader except for the High End user He/She is responsible for communicating with the Group Lead and Tail as well as for the well being of their respective class. He/She must also be well verse with Ebike technicalities in case of emergencies.
2. All Ebikes and Ebikers Should be Evaluated Prior to ride... The leader of each class shall Determine all necessary ebike functions and capabilities if deemed fit or unfit for the ride. He/She also Monitors the Stamina and Health Condition of Each Ebikers.
3. All Forms of Communication should also be prepared... CellPhones must be in good condition, full charge and with sufficient load. Riders Number listing must be distributed among Participants. A two way Radio must be provided with both the Lead and Tail.
4. ROAD VISIBILITY at all Cost... There must be adequate Lighting and Reflectors.
5. During the ride the following must be taken into consideration:
RIDE FORMATIONRemember the goal of the ride is to keep the Group TOGETHER safely until the Destination is reached.
The following are best riding formation that we can adopt.
FOR OPEN ROAD (No Traffic) STAGGERED RIDING FORMATION
adopted from MSF Motorcycle Safety Foundation Allows a proper space cushion between motorcycles so that each rider has enough time and space to maneuver and to react to hazards. The leader rides in the left third of the lane, while the next rider stays at least one second behind in the right third of the lane; the rest of the group follows the same pattern. A single-file formation with a minimum 2-second following distance is preferred on a curvy road, under conditions of poor visibility or poor road surfaces, entering/leaving highways, or other If a rider leaves during the ride, the rest of the group should re-form the staggered formation by criss-crossing into the next vacant position. Although it would seem more efficient for the column directly behind the missing rider to move up, we do not recommend it because passing another rider within a lane can be risky. situations where an increased space cushion or maneuvering room is needed See above website for more details.
FOR CLOSED ROAD (With Traffic) A SINGLE LINE PER CLASS is more suitable for ebike with Class Leader Taking Charge... As much as possible all bike lanes are the safest lane... Road sides. The Class Lead must Monitor Each Member of Hes/Her Class and instantly take the role of Group Leader until such time that all Class regroup. AVOID Riding Side by Side Unless Necessary.
6. All CLASS should Move as single Unit, In cases of Injured or Damages...Each Class Assigned should perform as one Unit... NO member should be separated... UNLESS there where multiple Cases and it is unavoidable to perform as Group... In Such Event.. A Buddy system will be utilized.
BUDDY SYSTEM... is Riding in Partnership Using a Single Line method.
7. AVOID as much as possible RIDING IN TANDEM on long range travelling using an Ebike.
8. NO CYCLE SEAL NO TRAVEL...Bring your own Extension cords for distance charging...
by Edwin "Bong Lim" Matias