Introduction: Eco-Friendly Lamp
WHY DO WE NEED TO RECYCLE PLASTICS?
- Plastics is one of the most serious environmental issues.
- The use of plastics has increased over the years and it has become a large part of the waste.
- Recycling plastics saves landfill space. (1 ton of plastics saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space)
- 1 plastic bottle can save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 6 hours.
- Recycling plastics reduces water pollution. (The chemicals in plastics pollutes the soil as well as water)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- Plastic bottles (washed and unwrapped)
- They can be colored bottles too
- Standard lamp fixture
- Light bulb (LED)
- Why LED? LED vs CFL
- Glue gun
- Olfa knife or Exacto knife
Step 2: Step1
CUT THE BOTTLES
- The big white plastic bottle will be the base of a lamp.
- Cut the bottom of the bottle
- Cut the rest of the bottles into whatever you like
- Be creative!
* BE CAREFUL WITH A HOT GLUE *
Step 3: Step 2
HOT GLUE PLASTIC BOTTLES
- Glue the plastic bottles onto the base.
- Then, put the lamp fixture through the top of the base bottle.
- Place the light bulb.
I designed two different lamps, and one of them is spray painted. HOWEVER, I do not recommend to spray paint yours, because it is bad for the environment.
HOW IS IT BAD? http://www.seagrant.sunysb.edu/marinabmp/section2/...
Step 4: Step 3
- Turn on the light and look how beautiful it is!