if you want to offer your friends or relatives an unforgettable and disgusting evening. then this is the instructable for you
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make the Marinade
- Frying pan
- cutting board
- 2 bowls
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
Ingredients: 2 tbs olive oil
1 oignon (finely chopped)
6 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbs fresh ginger (pealed, finelychopped)
3 tbs tomato ketchup
3 tbs brown sugar
½ ts sea salt
2 tbs white wine
1 ts chives (finely chopped)
1 ts tarragon
1 ts BBQ herbs
1 ts oliveherbs
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Fry the oignon, garlic and ginger till golden-brown. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to make sure they don’t burn.
- Mix the ketchup, sugar, white wine and all spices together and add to the pan. Turn down the heat to medium. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Let it rest to cool at least for an hour. This allows the flavours to blend perfectly together.
- When chilled, add some more oliveoil to make your marinade more spreadable.
Step 2: Meatpreparation: Brains
- 2.5metres of thin sausage
- 120gr. Black/brown spaghettisticks or ricenoodles (iftheyresembleworms, that’s even better!)
- Big cooking pot
you probably will not find a sausage looking like this, so you wil need to squeeze out the meat until it looks like mine. do this before you begin to shape te brains
- Squeeze and mold the sausage into the curly shape of brains. If it’s too thick, squeeze out some more of the meat and divide the remaining meat over the sausage.
- Check if the meat will fit inside the skull. Keep in mind that the sausages will shrink when cooked.
- To ensure the shape of the brains, take some uncooked spaghetti sticks, give them a sharp end and put them trough the pile of meat. It’s not a problem if the ends stick out. You can choose the color of your spaghettisticks, but it’s more gruesome with darker colors.
- Put on some water till it boils. Lower your brains into the water using a skimmer and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add another 120 grams of spaghetti.
- Let it cook until the spaghetti is tender and pour it into a colander.
The brains will fall apart but do not worry the the sausage will still have the tortuous shape.
Step 3: Meatpreparation: Tomatosauce
- blue food colouring
- tomato-sauce of your own liking ( I used 750g)
- wooden spoon
- Big cooking pot
- boiled pork tongue
- Make a tomato-sauce after grandma’s recipe. Make sure it’s a little bit runny.
- Halfway, add the cooked spaghetti sticks, the brains and the tongue to your sauce. Let cook together for 3 minutes.
- Add a little bit of blue food colouring at the end of the cooking time to give the sauce a more bloody colour.
- Stir gently so the brains won’t break
- Take the pork tongue from the sauce and set it aside.
- do not put the spaghetti in the refrigerator it still needs to be hot when you put it in the skull
Step 4: Meatpreparation: Skull
- China skull
- 1 kg grounded meat (100% pork, because it’s more greasy and therefore will stick better to the bones)
- 300gr. Beef carpaccio, sliced as thin as possible
- Silicone brush
- Black food colouring
- 2 grapes
boiled pork tongue in tomatosauce
For the skull you need somthing that can withstand the head of the oven = 150°C.
Where I live, I found nothing that meets those requirements, so I made one myself in china.
Step 5: Sculpture the Head
put the pork tongue you made with te tomatosause and put it in the jaw off the skull. Take some gounded meat and create a life-like head over the porcelain bones with the spatula.
Make sure the layer of meat isnot to thick! Create cheeks, a nose,…
The eyeholes only need a very thin layer. you will need room for the eyes
Stop when you’re almost at the edge of where the brains belong.
Step 6: Fill the Head
make sure that the spaghetti is still hot.
Take half of the cooked spaghetti and put them in the skull.
Add the brains.
Top off with the rest of the spaghetti and the sauce.
Put on the lid and finish of the skull with the grounded meat.
Step 7: Skin-time!
Gently put the carpaccio over the skull in layers. Push two grapes in the eyeholes. Put the carpaccio over the grapes to create eyelids. It may seem his eyes are closed, but remember that the meat will shrink during baking.
Make sure that the carpaccio overlaps or the grounded meat will fall off.
Create eyes with black and blue food colouring with a paint-brush.
Step 8: Marinade the Skull
Pre-heat the oven at 150°C. Glaze the skull with the marinade and a silicone brush.
you can choose your own marinade or mix the recipe that I use for a smoother outer layer.
I have already done several and this time I wanted one that looked ill
Bake in the oven for 45 min to 1 hour.
Step 9: Plating Up
- Dressing, coloredwith blue and red food colouringtoresembleblood
- Black cherrytomatoes
- Wash some lettuce leaves and put them on a plate
- Place the head in the middle of the plate.
- Cut the cherrytomatoes in halves and put them around the head.
- Sprinkle blood-dressing on the lettuce.
Step 10: Serving
- Search the person that’s most disgusted by you’re dish to cut open the top of the head and take of the cranium.
- Divide the peeled-off skin and scoop out the brains and other grey matter.
- Have a tasty semi-cannibalistic experience and look if there is anyone who tries the meat before you. You’ll know immediatly if they suspect you to be a serial killer or just pleasantly deranged. But most of all have fun and smakelijk!
for my party, I made about a half man and prepared the limbs in different ways. bbq, oven and smoking. As long there is carpaccio wrapped around it, you can actually do with it what you want.
First Prize in the
Halloween Food Contest 2016