Introduction: Egg Carton Garden
This is a fun, simple, and easy way to start a mini garden, while recycling at the same time. Its very easy to maintain, very compact, and will become a great decoration in your home. Plus, there might even be enough space to grow multiple planes, making the accessable at all times and always right at your fingertips.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- I egg carton of choice (one egg slot for every plane you desire, so 6 slots for 6 plants) I'm using an 18 egg carton.
- A small bag of topsoil, some sort of compost, or dirt that will be necessary to be mixed with water to moisten for seeds
- A pack of seed (check on the side of the pack, to make sure you are using seeds that can be planted shallow, preferably one from 1-2 inches) I am using sunflower seeds that are planted 1 inch below the surface
- a water bottle half of water. lust to moisten the soil if not already moist. (I didn't need it because i was using straight topsoil i had in a coffee can that was mixed with compost
Step 2: Putting It Together
Now its time to put it all together. all you need to do is four simple steps:
- Put topsoil in each slot. Make sure its filled to the brim
- Start putting a little water in the soil to moisten it up
- Place seeds in each spot according to the package
- Water as needed and keep in a spot that fits the needs the package requires