Intro: Egg-Centric Eggs
Boiled eggs with a difference...
The boiled eggs you see here are made by cooking egg white first between containers kept in boiling water and then filling the central portion with egg yolk. It is very easy to make. You can use molds with different shapes to make them more attractive. Not only children, but grown-ups also love to have these Egg-centric eggs.
Step 1: What You Need...?
- About 5 to 6 fresh eggs
- A metal cup to be used as outer mold
- An inner mold which fits inside the outer mold with enough space between them. Here I have used a High Density Polyethylene Plastic (HDPE) mold with designs. If you can get hold of a suitable metal mold that will be better than plastic.
- A metal vessel to boil water
- Two containers, one to hold egg white and another for egg yolk
Step 2: Break Eggs and Separate White and Yolk
Break each egg and separate the white and yolk in different containers. It is very easy. If you find it somewhat difficult then go through the following instructable on "How to Separate an Egg" by Paige Russell
Step 3: Boil the HDPE Mold
If you are using a metal inner mold then you need not to boil it. I have put the HDPE mold in boiling water for about five minutes before use.
Step 4: Boil the Egg White
You can use the same vessel and hot water used in the previous step for this.
- Place the vessel with water on stove in medium heat
- Place the metal cup in water to be used as outer mold
- Fill hot water inside the inner mold
- Pour the egg white in the metal cup and place the inner mold
- Keep some weight on top to keep it from floating up.
Step 5: Remove Inner Mold
- It may take about 10 minutes for the egg white to completely solidify.
- Take out the Cup from boiling water and remove the inner mold. Do not use force
Step 6: Fill Egg Yolk
- Beat the egg yolks well and fill the inner cavity created after removing the inner mold
- Place the cup in boiling water for about ten minutes or till the egg yolk gets completely cooked
- Remove the cup from boiling water and allow it to cool
Step 7: Make Slices
- When the cup holding the boiled egg is cool enough to touch, invert it in a plate and lightly tap the cup. The boiled egg will slide out from the container
- Make thin slices.
- Sprinkle little bit of salt and pepper on top and serve.
Runner Up in the