Intro: Egg Curry With a Difference
Egg curry is Normally prepared by cooking hard-boiled eggs along with other spices and served. Here is a recipe for Spicy egg curry prepared in a different method and tastes lot better than the normal one.
This instructable will guide you all egg lovers with step-by-step instructions on how to make the different looking tasteful egg curry from start to finish. The quantities of ingredients and spices used here are for cooking about eight eggs.
Step 1: Prepare the Onions
- Take three medium sized onions
- Peel and cut the onions into small pieces
- Using a blender make a fine paste.
- Remove from blender and keep aside.
No need to clean the blender as we will use it more.
Step 2: Shuck Handful of Garlic
- You need about 8 to 10 garlic cloves.
- Chuck the garlic cloves, remove skin and keep aside. Here I have used a wooden-made lemon squeezer to shuck garlic. You can use any tool available with you or any method you prefer.
Step 3: Ginger
- Take about an inch long piece of ginger and remove skin.
- Cut into small pieces and keep aside.
Step 4: Make Ginger-Garlic-Chili Paste
- Add the garlic cloves and ginger pieces to the blender
- Add about 2 green chilies. You can add more if you like it spicy.
- Make paste, remove from blender and set aside.
Step 5: Make Tomato Paste
- Clean three medium sized tomatoes
- Cut them into pieces and grind using the blender.
Do not remove from blender.
Step 6: Add Spices
- Add a teaspoon of Cumin seed powder to the tomato paste
- Add a pinch of Asafoetida powder
- Add a teaspoon of Fennel seed powder
- Add a teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Add one to two teaspoons of red chili powder. Use as per your own taste.
- Add two teaspoons of coriander powder
- Add a teaspoon of all spice powder. This is optional and used for the flavor only.
- Add salt to taste
Step 7: Make a Paste of All Ingredients
- Blend all ingredients together with tomato paste to make the masala.
- Remove the masala paste from blender and keep separately.
- You may find lots of these masala still sticking to the blender and its lid.
- Add clean water to the blender and shake well with the lid on.
- Now all the left-over paste is mixed with water. Drain and keep this water in a bowl. We can use it in our cooking latter.
Step 8: Preparation Step-1
- Heat a frying pan over medium flame and add a tablespoon of cooking oil
- When the oil is hot enough, add a handful of curry leaves
- Add the onion paste and mix well.
- Add the Ginger - Garlic - Chili paste.
- Cook over medium heat till the raw smell disappears from the mix.
Step 9: Preparation Step-2
- Add the masala paste to ingredients in the frying pan
- Add the masala-water (Which we used to clean the blender) to the pan and mix well
- You can add more clean water so that the gravy can accommodate about eight eggs.
Step 10: Keep the Eggs Ready
- In the mean time, take eight eggs and clean them
- Break open the eggs at one end, preferably the large end as shown in the picture.
- Keep these eggs ready in an egg holder or in such a container so that they do not spill out.
Step 11: Bring the Masala Mix to a Boil
- Now increase the flame. The masala mix in the frying pan should reach a high temperature and should boil before we add the eggs.
Step 12: Add Eggs
- Once the gravy reaches a high temperature and starts boiling, bring the flame to a very low.
- Add the eggs one by one to the hot gravy so that the contents off the egg is deposited at one place.
- You can add all eggs to the pan so that they all are separate and not touching each other.
- Keep the flame at the lowest possible. If you increase the flame at this point, the eggs will disintegrate.
Use the egg shells to fertilize your rose plants.
Step 13: Slow Cook the Eggs
- Keep cooking on low flame till the eggs harden. Check with a ladle without breaking the eggs
- Add handful of mint and coriander leaves on top
Step 14: Egg Curry Is Ready
- After about 10 minutes over low flame, the eggs are properly cooked.
- Remove the pan from the stove and transfer the Egg Curry to a serving dish.
Step 15: How Does It Taste ?
Take an egg from the gravy, split open with a spoon and taste it...
It is different...